Refrigerator and Freezer Repairs
Freezers are very essential appliances, so when they break down with all of our food in them, it can create chaos. Trying to keep everything frozen with coolers and ice may help for a short period of time, but these are just temporary solutions. Thankfully, Appliance Care PSL can provide you with a long term solution to this big and urgent problem.
Freezer problems may include:
Freezer not freezing
Freezer not working, hearing clicking sound
Freezer coils frozen
Freezer runs all the time
Call Us Today for your emergency freezer repair and receive a free estimate with your service!
So much money and time is wasted when our freezers stop working.
When your fridge is no longer keeping your food and drinks cold, you know you’re in need of a refrigerator repair company quickly. At Appliance Care PSL, we know how important refrigerators are to everyone, so much money and time is wasted when our fridges stop working. This is why we offer same-day refrigerator repair to our customers to make sure they get the quickest and most professional repair possible. Our team of trained professionals are ready to provide you with the best refrigerator repair service at an affordable price!
Call Appliance Care PSL today to schedule a repair with our trained and certified refrigerator repair company.
When to call a refrigerator repair company?
There are a few ways to determine when is the right time to call a specialist for refrigerator repairs. If you notice that your fridge is noisy, leaking water, or not keeping food cold, these could be indications of a more serious issue. Another sign that you should call in the professionals is if your energy bills have increased unexpectedly. This could signify that your fridge is working overtime to keep its contents cold, which is not good. Keep an eye out for these signs and when you notice them, make sure to call a refrigerator repair professional so they can diagnose the problem and identify the root cause of the issue. It is important to reach out to refrigerator professionals as soon as possible, so you can prevent further damage to your fridge and get any necessary repairs taken care of.
Some common refrigerator problems are :
Refrigerator not cooling
Refrigerator not producing ice properly
Refrigerator making odd/loud noises
Refrigerator is leaking
Let’s dive deeper into these breakdowns:
Refrigerator Not Cooling
- If you notice that your refrigerator is not working as well as it should be and you investigate further to find that the aluminum walls of your fridge are no longer cold. This is a problem typically caused by the evaporator motor. The evaporator motor’s job is to circulate cool air inside of the fridge and if not working properly, your fridge cannot keep the food inside it cold.
- Fortunately, this is a problem that you can fix yourself. You will just need to buy a new evaporator motor and install it, then before you know it, your fridge will be working like new again.
- If you find that the evaporator motor is working, but the compressor is not, the next place to check is the compressor. This important piece is made up of coils that help to cool the refrigerator. The coils in the compressor release heat, so if they aren’t working, you will first need to check for dirt or waste that may be clogging them. If you find dirt on the coils, just clean them! However, if the coils are clean and the compressor is still broken, it may need to be replaced.
- DIY refrigerator repair options include: removing the front panel, unplugging the refrigerator, cleaning the coils with a brush or vacuum, and plugging the fridge back into the wall. If you have tried these quick remedies and there is still an issue with your fridge, it’s time to call a professional.
Refrigerator not producing ice properly
- One of the most common reasons as to why your ice maker may not be making enough ice is that the water line supplying the ice maker is frozen. In this case,
you will need to thaw out the water line to fix it. Another potential reason for ice machine issues is that the ice maker is not getting enough water. This can occur
because of a clogged water filter or an issue with the water supply line. If your ice machine has a built-in filter, be sure to replace it as needed and assure it is
clean. Lastly, if your ice maker is still having issues producing ice, it is probably time to call a specialist. This could indicate an issue with the ice maker itself
which a professional will need to repair.
Refrigerator making Odd / Loud Noises
- If you experience your refrigerator making an unusual noise, there are a few things that could be taking place.
- First, you must find out where the noise is coming from. Check if it is coming from the inside, bottom, or back of the refrigerator. If the noise is coming from the bottom, it could be a drain pan that is loose which is causing the rattling noise. To repair this, just secure the drain pan in place using its bolts or straps. If this doesn’t work, another possible reason for the odd noise could be a build up of ice inside of the freezer section. To fix this, simply turn off your fridge and give it 24 hours to thaw.
- After thawing out your refrigerator, it is important to clean out any leftover water and dry the area entirely before turning the fridge back on. Use these tips to quickly help you fix and identify any unusual refrigerator noises. However, if these issues persist, it is always safer to call a technician to fix the problem!
Refrigerator is leaking
- One of the top and most common issues within refrigerator repairs are leakages. It is especially a problem because of its potential to cause accidents like slipping and falling if water leaks onto the floor. This is one of the more complex problems to solve because it can have multiple causes. One of the possible reasons for
leakage could be a loose water line connection behind the fridge. Another potential cause could be that the drip pan underneath the fridge has become broken or damaged, causing the water to leak out.
- If you happen to experience this issue, it is best to call a qualified refrigerator repair professional to properly diagnose and correct the problem. Using their expertise and knowledge, they will be able to help you quickly and efficiently.